Wednesday 17 June 2009

Spam Gets Scary

Now I've got a lot of unread e-mails (5208 to be precise) but that's because I can usually tell from the subject that it's not worth reading (why don't I delete them? I have better things to do with my time). Recently though, a couple of emails have have gotten my attention through pure fear. I got an e-mail from "HM Prison Service" with the subject "We're all ears". I was terrified. Had I done something illegal. Are they questioning me about a murder or something via e-mail? No as it turns out, they want me to do a survey about prisons ...as if I'd know anything about that.

I also had an e-mail the other day with the subject "No Laughing Matter" I was horrified until I found out it was about a sale at Visaprint. Vistaprint by the way, take up a fair amount of the spam in my mail box. Those bastards.

Truly, the internet has made the world a terrible place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment