Wednesday 12 January 2011

Sober Vegetarianism

Excuse me, I'd like a Quorn steak please, nice and rare, loads of blood.

What do yo mean Quorn doesn't bleed?

Quorn isn't even an animal?

What sort of crazy restaurant is this?

Oh right, a fictional one to use as an introduction to this post.

So, for the month of January, I'm not eating meat!
(There was that cook off thing at work but it doesn't count)

But yeah. Quorn steaks!



Fucking shit.

I've discovered a new love of sun blushed tomatoes and salad in general.
I've also discovered that vegetarian versions of meat things are shit. Well quorn chicken pieces are quite nice and Tesco's meat-free burgers are pretty good but other than that, meat-free meat sucks!

As well as giving up meat, I'm also giving up alcohol for the month.

Now I know what you're thinking; Why are you doing that? They're the to best reasons to be alive!

_____________________________________

The above was written in the first 2 weeks of the month. Yeah, I lasted 2 weeks without drinking.

Which is pretty darn good by my standards.

Yes it is!

Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment